1.Click Here for Instructions on how to uninstall an existing Antivirus application in Windows XP.
2. Click Here for Instructions on how to uninstall an existing Antivirus application in Windows Vista.
3.Click Here for Instructions on how to uninstall an existing Antivirus application in Windows 7.
If you are running the McAfee 8.8/8.7i/8.5 virus scanner and encountering issue(s), the most likely problem is that you need to update your virus definitions. Follow the directions below to learn how to manually update your McAfee Antivirus software virus definitions.
1. Right Click on the McAfee Shield in the task manager (lower right hand corner).
2. Click on "Update Now" for a new window to pop up and automatically download and install the virus definitions (updates).
3. Once the update has finished, Click on "Close" button in the Update Window and Proceed to login to Cisco NAC Agent.
What if The Cisco NAC Agent could not find an approved virus scanner? The approved virus scanners are:
- McAfee Antivirus 8.5i/8.7i/8.8
- Norton Anti-Virus 2011
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Trend-Micro 2011
If you do not have one of the above virus scanners INSTALLED and RUNNING you will not get access to RezNet. SIUC has a contract with McAfee to provide a virus scanner for our campus. You can download and install a copy of McAfee Enterprise 8.8 here at no cost. Instructions for updating McAfee Enterprise 8.8 virus definitions can be found here. In addition, the Computer Support Center only supports McAfee on campus, all other virus scanner questions have to be directed to the appropriate Corporation.
If you need additional help, contact the Computer Support Center at 453-5155. The Computer Support Center (CSC) is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM for personal walk-in assistance and telephone technical support. Their office is currently located in 'A' Wing of the Northwest Annex, room 105.
Note: Computer Support Center will only provide support for McAfee Antivirus Application.
CAUTION: YOU MUST UN-INSTALL ANY OTHER VIRUS SCANNERS BEFORE INSTALLING MCAFEE!!!